Scottish Churches Racial Justice Group
What is Scottish Churches Racial Justice Group?
- SCRJG was set up to develop and agree broad priorities on behalf of the Scottish Churches intending to work towards the aims and objectives as outlined below.
- Works closely with other similar church and non-church organisations that seek to promote racial justice
SCRJG aims to:
- Assist the Churches in Scotland to grow in awareness of the nature and extent of racial injustice in Scotland
- Work on behalf of the Churches in Scotland to develop and promote an understanding of the biblical and theological basis of the rejection of this injustice
- Work on behalf of the Churches in Scotland to develop and affirm a vision of racial harmony and justice in the Scottish community
- Assist the Churches to make common cause with individuals and communities suffering from racial injustice and with those working to end it
- Assist the Churches to promote, through advocacy and example, racial harmony and justice within themselves and within the wider community in Scotland.
When they met on August 29th the members of the Racial Justice Group received and approved a report from the Scottish Churches' Asylum and Destitution Task Group on the policies and practices of Scotland's Higher and Further Education institutions with regard to the admission to courses of asylum seeker and refugee students.
This interactive workshop aims to give an understanding of the processes people have to go through when seeking sanctuary in the UK and, crucially, how that experience might feel. Rather than simply being presented with the facts, participants are given the opportunity to discover them in a way which encourages…
Racial Justice Sunday 2015Dine, Discuss and Digest On Sunday 13th September 2015 the Scottish Churches Racial Justice Group invite you to a celebration meal at the Couper Institute in Glasgow. In fellowship together, people in Scotland from many countries across the world can share their desire for justice in our…
The Annual Scottish Racial Justice Sunday celebration this year chimes in with the WCC theme of pilgimage and journey together as we listen to those who face challenges because of their heritage and talk together about how we respond. All welcome; come and join with us in Paisley on September…
This years Racial Justice Service will take place at Cardonald Parish Church, 2155 Paisley Road West, Glasgow, G52 3PF. Hear the words of Martin Luther King on the 50th Anniversary of his death. The service starts at 4 pm with refreshments to follow. A poster for the 2018 Racial Justice…